Sunday, May 29, 2005

Kelly - The only real X-Girlfriend

Previously on the OR...

Mike: "Say Anything, now that's a great romantic comedy. You should rent it."
Kelly: "I'll think about it."

M: "We should go out sometime."
K: "Yes, well, that'd be nice, maybe, yeah."

M: "Pretty girl...."

M: "It just isn't working out."
K: "But WE can work it out..."

M: "Kelly, this is Sloth."

M: "You guys would make a great couple."
K: "You wouldn't think that was weird?"
M: "Weird? Nah."

M: "I LOVE YOU! I CAN MAKE THIS WORK NOW!"
K: "Michael, it's too late."

M:"Friends?"
K: "We'll see..."

And that right there is the pseudo-recap for my temultuous relationship with Kelly Armstrong. Probably the number one thing that I always appreciate about this girl, during the times I dated her and the times we were at odds and the times currently, is the fact that she has one of most infectuously, unabashedly honest constitutions I have ever come across. Also, she possesses one of the biggest hearts.

My relationship with Kelly has always been one of insecurity and uncertainty. I wasn't sure if I loved her, I wasn't sure if I wanted to break up with her, I wasn't sure if hooking her and Sloth up was a good idea, and I wasn't sure if having her hate me for a year was not without merit. I was a bad boyfriend and a really, really bad ex-boyfriend.

The thing is that she is the number one person you want on your side, in your corner. She looks out for her friends, loves meeting new people (though she may not say anything that first time) and has a great deal of enthusiasm for new things and little misadventures. She'll call you out and tell you to, "get the fuck over it," but say it in such a way that you're not hurt or defensive. She's calling you out because she loves you and she understands your pain, but wants you to move on. Wallowing is for wallowers.

If I could only be on good terms with one Ex, if only one girl that I'd dated, loved, and lost could still be a close, best friend... I'd choose her. Not for any "un-requited, one day we'll get another chance" -thing (trust me, her and Sloth deserve eternal happiness), but because we know each other, trust each other, and, sometimes, even like spending time with each other.

And I said "big heart" back there? The biggest. Probably the only girl I know who doesn't hate other girls for stupid reasons amounting to petty jealousy. She treats everyone with love and friendship.

Oh, and she got me hooked on the O.C. Maybe for that... I don't really owe her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home