Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ode to Portland


Where have I been? Walking the streets of this great town. I remember why love it every time I walk out my door and take look at a breathtaking view of a magnificent city.

To Jimmy Mak's Jazz Club, where the drinks are strong, the service friendly, and the live music something to talk about.

To Powell's City of Books, where every floor contains another publication you simply cannot live without and every once in awhile you stumble on a live reading that instantly inspires you to pick up a great read.

To Portland State University, maybe not the greatest learning institution in the land, but still a welcoming environment for continuing education.

To Saturday Market with its street vendors of foods you love and hand-made crafts you simply must take a second look at.

To dive bars and coffee shops, streets named Hawthorne and 23rd, districts of the Pearl and Hollywood, and discovering something new every time you think you've taken a wrong turn.

To my town, my city, the current love of my life.

4 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you for making me homesick! (can you send me some portland pictures?)

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger The Infinite Jester said...

You said it man. You said it proud and true.

I know I had my reasons for leaving, but nothing will change the fact that Portland is my home and the city that I will always love.

Salud. Boysies.

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was serious about asking for pictures of the old haunts. the roxy (if it's still there) the square, umbrella man, park blocks, wierd people, the waterfront and skyline, saturday market. Stuff like that. I never get to go downtown when i go up to visit the folks. I havent been there in about 5 years or more.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Bree said...

San Jose was my first home and Portland was my second, I miss Portland more then I ever did San Jose. This is a great post. ...and an awesome picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home