Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Posting ain't easy

So where have I been? Why don't I post anymore? Goddammit, favorites need to update regularly to stay in the rotation!

The thing is, I have recently gotten a new third job. There's the video store (Hollywood on 20th and W Burnside, come visit!), the office job (yeah, office assisstant, yeah), and now, my own online column. Yes, that's right. I'm going to be a columnist again.

The story goes like this: Awhile back, on the old, Powered By Pop Culture blog, I wrote a little post about graphic novels and their importance and history in the literary and comic book market. After awhile, it became really hard to make posts for this blog and my plans to continue writing for it faded into the ether. Then, one day, Breanna (friend from California), decided it'd be fun to Google my name and discovered that said post had been picked up as a newsitem on the Ait/PlanetLar (an independant comic book company that I'm a huge fan of) website under their "cool postings" links. I was amazed. On the same day, I stumbled on to a comic book website called SequArt.com. They're site seemed to deal with discussing comics as seriously as possible whether it was reviews, news, or critiques of current trends... and they were accepting submissions for columnists. I applied, got accepted, and I should be seeing my first article up there soon.

The column is called "Square Bound" and will deal with the emerging graphic novel "revolution" that seems to be enveloping comicdom. I'll post here as soon as I get a "print date" for the piece. From there, I'm going to do my best to keep a bi-weekly schedule.

Whose house? Run's house. I said, whose house? RUN'S HOUSE!

3 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Laura said...

thats really cool man, congrats!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger The Infinite Jester said...

....you...bitch....

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! -- job expounding on what you luv, defintely the way to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home