Thursday, September 30, 2004

Spotlight posting

One of my favorite comic book writers is a guy named Geoff Johns. One of the reasons why Johns has become so popular is his ability to handle large casts of characters and still make each one stand out and have an individual personality. His principle way of doing this in a serial format is having a "spotlight" or "profile" issue of the comic. One entire issue will focus on one villain or supporting character and will allow the audience to learn something about them that couldn't be shown in the actual arc of a multi-issue set of stories due to space or whatnot.

With that aside, I've decided to start doing little "spotlight" posts on the people in my life. This'll pretty much only occur when I have had some experience with them that made me go, "damn, that person is really great." So don't feel like, "hey, you never write about me" or "you wrote about her before me? You've known me forever." I'll try to use nicknames to avoid too much familarity, but y'know what? Fuck it. I'm not going to say anything that isn't true and I'm focusing on the positive, so no one should be offended.

Off we merrily stumble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home