Tuesday, September 21, 2004

So here we go again...

I've noticed I start a good chunk of my postings or journal entries with "So..." Just thought that was funny.

So... Alicia and I are pretty much official now. Who's Alicia? Alicia is what happens when you don't believe in your own hype. She was friends with some of my roommates and about a year ago, she dated the roommate that just got moved out before I made my home in the house on Franklin.

She is very, very cool. The thing is she's not cool in all of those, "cool list" sort of ways. That list you make compiled from all of your crushes and never from your actual ex's. Pipedream or experience... the never ending debate.

In this case, I ended up with experience. Here's a girl that had a goal and followed it all of the way, on her own, and came out on top. She put herself through college when she was 16 years old and got a degree in Spanish. Then she went straight on to graduate school for information sciences. In a time when none of my friends, whether still in school, or successfully graduated, are doing anything productive towards their goals (sorry, multiple job interviews dont count) here's a girl thats kicking ass and taking names. And she does it without any arrogance. She's sweet and nice without being naive. She's supportive and caring without being clingy. She's realistic without throwing compassion out the window. The best part? She really likes me. I think that falling for this girl first, pursuing her in a totally passive fashion, on my own terms, and succeeding so successfully is something that I very much needed and the rewards are well worth the years of experience to get here. Who cares if she's not a comic geek or movie freak? We like the same TV shows, she reads tons of actual books, most of which are authors I like, and she's willing to go do practically anything. Our first date was a Hockey game, a french bistro, a dive bar, and Shari's for coffee.

Suffice it to say... if a job would just fall into my lap, things would be going perfectly. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home