Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Portland shooting, airborne prozac, your mom...

Let's get down to brass tax here: Portland is the last place you want to shoot your movie. This is a message to all those filmmakers out there who are trying to figure out where to get a good deal on a nice looking city to have their movie take place and want to avoid another "Vancouver, BC=NYC" mess, a la "Fantastic Four." It occurred to me today that I cannot for the life of me think of a movie that was shot, on location, in Portland that was worth watching. IF it was worth watching, it didn't make any money. Prove me wrong. I'm curious.

So, my last post was too saccharine, even for me. What the hell happened? I was the bitter guy and now... Not so much. I'm not gleeful. Not joyous, either. The thing is, I'm not depressed. I'm not angry. I'm just "doing well" and I'm enjoying myself. This has been a great summer and has taught me a lot about being OK with who I am. Lessons learned. Less sweetness will follow.

Ever noticed you can imagine certain women as 40 year old soccer moms while talking to them? Not every one, but every once in awhile... Weird shit.

Random Thoughts Concluded.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Laura said...

that depends dude. are we talking about portland in particular or oregon in general? plenty of good movies have been shot in oregon itself.
The following is a list i got off teh intarwebs (mainly amazon) of filmed in Portland movies:

body of evidence
my private idaho
Drugstore Cowboy
elephant
(Look...pretty much anything by Gus VanSant hits portland at least once)
the hunted
come see the paradise
parts of Benji the Hunted! (omg!)
Mr Hollands Opus
Short Circuit
Homeward Bound (the incredible journey!)
Jackass the Movie
Zero Effect
Five Easy Pieces

Mostly crap, but there are some hidden gems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home