Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, *URP*, to me...

SO! Lessons learned on this, my 25th Birthday? Never accept shots from my friends. It's like I'm a prefrosh at a frat kegger and some guy gives me a red cup with a floating tab in it and the next thing you know my skin looks like its melting. Dear god... Whiskey is the devil...

I will say that I was totally impressed with all of the great friends of mine that managed to make it out. If you showed up and I was a loud, intoxicated lunatic, I apologize. Blame Karl, Will, and Kevin. I don't remember anything after the first double shot of Johnny Walker.

Thanks to Tana, Erin, Jill, Doc, Burton, Caitlin, D, Karl, Kevin, Dani, Brent, Nicole, Will, Desi, Jake, Emily, Dennis, Abel, Kellan, Joey, Joelle, Gator, Kathy, My Dad and Dina, and anyone I forgot to mention. It was great to have so many people there that I could hug ('cause we drunks love the hugging!) and who will forgive me the next day.

In retrospect, 25 is a pretty scary age for me. I don't really have as much accomplished by now as I'd like to. I'm working on it, but it's an arduous pace. I bought Elizabethtown (SHUSH now, you naysayers!!!) and for some reason, I feel a very strong kinship with this movie. It seems to resonate a lot of feelings I have about my life. Plus, the plight of the main character is yet another one of my fears: That even if I become a success, I'll still fuck it up. You can never escape fear of failure. It's impossible, I'm gathering.

In other news: I'm heading to NYC in March/April for a week. See the G-parents, hang with sister, and put a face to NYC Kelly. Weirdness... I'm graduating in June. Twice the weirdness...

Ugh.

Hungry.

More to come at a later date.

DONT FORGET: March 14th or so, new installment of "Square Bound" on www.Sequart.com. I am a columnist, hear me roar.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

how could anyone possibly forget?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home