Monday, November 28, 2005

Moving forward, looking back...


The things that never change are the ones that really always make the things that flux even better. What I mean to say, is that while everything always goes through some sort of evolutionary process, becoming a higher being or organism, even just socially, it's those consistencies that really tie the package together.

Take friendship for example: No matter how much two people change, that constant relationship that two or three or a dozen people can maintain adds to the overall evolution of the person as a whole. Dynamics, roles, and even personalities can shift, but the very fiber that makes up a set of people in the limited confines that exist for a friendship can lend volumes of character growth.

Recently, Miss Marjie commented that, "All one must do to see the broad spectrum of humanity is look at Mikey's friends. You savers attract all kinds." This comment means a great deal to me because 1) Marjie obviously GETS me and that's important to me for a friend and 2) I work hard to assemble such an array and to have someone understand the purpose of such a motley crew is very complimentary. I don't keep people around for their uses or their support. I maintain these groups because they all work as one collective organism that can support each part at any given time. All of these people that I know are important to me, yes, but they're wholly capable of being supportive to each other. In the paths that I've crossed in these 24 years, I've met an assortment of colorful personalities and every one of them is unique. The only thing that they have in common is that they have integrity and heart. Every one of them. I don't care what they say, because I wouldn't involve myself with them if they didn't. Those two consistent qualities are what allow them to actually be a benefit to each other if/when they're ready to take that step and stop referring to each other as, "Mike's friends" and actually open up to each other.

I have a plan here, people. I'm manic and arrogant, but believe me, there is a method to this madness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home