Saturday, August 19, 2006

First Week of Work

Well, I have a real job. Weird.

For the record, I now work for a business plan writing company in Portland's burgeoning and affluent Pearl District. It's within walking distance of my current apartment and my new one as well. What do I do there? Well, I write sections of buisness plans for start-up companies. They're training me in all of the sections so that I can eventually edit a team of my own by the end of my ninety day initial run. It's actually a great job. I get paid to be a writer and the staff is full of really chill people.

The best part is that now I'm able to finally be financially independant and secure in my station in life. At least for the next year. It's a good feeling, althought it allows me to reflect on other things in my life that I've let slip to the wayside. We'll see what happens next.

The world keeps on spinning...

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you wanted to be a teacher

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Laura said...

sounds like he got smart.

Welcome to the working world, Mike. Have fuN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home