Monday, August 15, 2005

Here we are, born to be kings, we're the princes of the universe...



I love that song. I miss being a kid and thinking that Highlander was the shit. Now, being this really critical movie guy makes me sit down and go, "well, that sucks. How derivative. Could they BE any less subtle?" I'm like Chandler if he was a Village Voice film critic. Shite.

In a sense, that's what we are, though. The "mispoche" that we've become. The "family we choose" as the Jews say. This group of people who bring something to the table and step up when it counts. In the end, we're masters of our own destiny (as corny as it may sound), but never a truer statement. We'll accomplish what we're capable of once we believe that we can do it.

So I've been writing essays again. I sat down and actually hashed two or three out. I'm debating posting them up here, but keep getting blindsided by two things: one, lots of typing, dammit. two, I'd actually like to make some type of collection of them and maybe submit it. If I do post them, I hope somebody gives me some power-ups and maybe I'll actually do it. Fuck that, I'll do it anyway.

{See that? Mid-sentence realization, right there. Gotta love writing from stream of consciousness.}

Living downtown now. Got my little slice of home in the NW Couch area. Living behind a bar, up from Powell's and down from 21st. I'm actually really excited about all of this. I actually start school again in a month. Since things are going so well, of course I've started to get all wacky and defensive again. *Sigh* Nothing if not predictable, my brain is.

I'm hoping this'll be the last 12am, random thoughts put to paper post that I do for awhile. While interesting to look back at, they're not all that interesting. It's mostly a chance for me to get my thoughts out on "paper" and see what I'm thinking.

I will say this, to end on a good note: I am not sad. I am not angry. I am not bitter. I am not depressed. All for of these things are very new to me in a situation like this and all self-deprecation aside, show that I'm growing. This is the good news. I'm excited about that.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

well that was some pretty hot news from the automotive lending industry. like whoa.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Miss Marjie said...

i want mikey writings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home